Happy New Year for everyone!
New year - new release. Please welcome Selenide 5.6.1.
I guess all of you have used method
Now we added a method
Selenide.executeAsyncScript(). It can be used for executing asynchronous functions (like
Please note that it’s a little bit harder to use than
After calling asynchronous JS methods need to execute
callback with a return value. You have to get
callback from a last argument:
Now Selenide can download files without
Content-Disposition header (via proxy)
As you know, Selenide can download files via its built-in proxy server.
But until now, it intercepted only server responses containing
Content-Disposition header (to get the name of file being downloaded).
But it appeared that this header is not always required. Sometimes files can be downloaded without this header.
Now Selenide proxy got to be smarter. Starting from Selenide 5.6.1, it works as follows:
- Before starting download, it waits until all previous requests/responses between browser and server are completed.
- It clicks the download button.
- It intercepts ALL requests between browser and server (no matter which headers they contain).
- And tries to understand which of them is more like a file download.
If this response doesn’t contain
Content-Disposition header, the name of the file is taken from URL.
We added method
using in October, 2019.
We recently found a bug in this method: it closed the webdriver (but should not). Now we fixed this bug.
See commit 4d1b19972d.
Upgraded to WebDriverManager 3.8.0
It contains lot of bugfixes, including those reported by me :)
Among other improvements, WDM can now work without internet access.
- Wow! Welcome Selenious - a port of Selenide to .NET platform.
- Article from LambdaTest: Selenide Tests With LambdaTest – Online Selenium Grid For Automated Cross Browser Testing
- My video from Cyprus Quality Conference Threesome: Selenide for Web, Android and iOS in October, 2019.
- In case you missed it: series of posts Selenide Advent Calendar 2019