On May, 7 we released Selenide 5.2.3 with small but backward incompatible changes.
Don’t be afraid. Here is goes:
Sometimes we need to log something BEFORE doing an action. For example, to write a log before any click.
Selenide has interface
SelenideLogger, but it always had only one method
onEvent() which works AFTER an action.
Now we added method
beforeEvent. And renamed
afterEvent to make api cleaner.
NB! This change is backward incompatible.
- If you implemented
SelenideLoggerin your project, you need to rename/add method in your implementation.
- If you use library
selenide-allure, you need to wait for its newer version with this PR.
Now you can open a blank page
Sometimes we need to open a blank page in test. For example, to stop all running Ajax requests from a previous test and start a new test from the scratch.
Now you can use command
open("about:blank") (before version 5.2.3, Selenide added
baseUrl in the beginning of the address).
Refactoring: we extracted all
Condition implementations to separate classes
Just for your information. For most Selenide users, it doesn’t change anything.
See PR 912.
- one: WebDriverManager 3.4.0 (incl. support for Chrome 72, 73, 74)
- two: HtmlUnit 2.34.1
- three: HtmlUnitDriver 2.34.0
Two last versions of Chrome and Chromedriver (73 and 74) don’t work with BrowserMobProxy running on localhost. We don’t know why.
It causes malfunctioning of downloading files and BasicAuth through proxy. Don’t you have the same problem?
Currently we don’t have a better idea than just running tests on Chrome 71.
- Wow, Selenide got to some TOP-5!
Top 5 Java Test Frameworks For Automation In 2019
- Selenium worst practices (officially, from the authors of Selenium!)
- Post about Selenide in Spanish!
Part 1 and part 2.
- Post about Selenide+Allure: Adding Masala to the Selenide Test Automation Framework with Allure.
- One more tutorial for beginners from LambdaTest company:
Selenium Tests Using Selenide, IntelliJ, And Maven
- Post about Selenide+Allure+Cucumber+Maven in Japanese: GUI test automation and result visualization.
- I will present in Kiev, Ukraine at September, 20-21 on QA Fest conference. You are welcome!
- Wow. Hima Bindu Peteti talked about Selenide on SauceCon conference in Austin, Texas.
- She will also present Selenide in England on DevTEST Conference:
BDD with Selenide