At the very last moment of year 2017, we released Selenide 4.9.
What’s new there?
Upgraded to selenium 3.8.1
There are backward-incompatible changes, be prepared. Selenium guys like to delete existing functionality :)
Now marionette is used by default
As you know, Selenide initially used Firefox as a default browser. The reason is simple: it was the only webdriver that didn’t require downloading a separate binary to drive the browser.
Later the situation changed. FireFoxDriver doesn’t support newer Firefox version anymore, it was replaced by GeckoDriver (aka Marionette). It requires downloading of a separate binary file, but now Selenide can download it automatically.
So, when you don’t set browser, Selenide now uses Marionette by default (which means Firefox). Though, I personally prefer Chrome.
Fixed initialization of elements inside ElementsContainer but without @FindBy annotation
See issue 617
Though, I personally don’t use
ElementsContainer and recommend you not to use. Selenide allows writing page objects / page containers much easier.
These methods allow to get few elements from the beginning or end of list. It can be useful when the list is too long, or its length is unknown, and you need to verify only some of elements.
See. issue 623
Add ability to set browser binary path using configuration parameter
Sometimes people want to run tests with different versions of the same browser. With stable chrome, Canary, nightly build…
Now you can set explicitly the path to browser binary. Either using system property:
or right in the code:
Configuration.browserBinary = "/usr/lib/firefox";
prompt() in HtmlUnit
- How to run Selenide tests on Amazon Lambda UI Testing at Scale with AWS Lambda
- My article in Java Advent Calendar: Flaky tests
- Article in Japanese: Using WebDriverManager with Selenide
- One more: Toward people who want to utilize Selenide
- An article from japanese “Selenium/Appium Advent Calendar 2017”: How to record video with Selenide and Monte recorder
- An article about test reports with Selenide and Vigo Reporting